Tuesday, May 22, 2007

World's biggest costume party!

I was an unofficial participant at Bay to Breakers this last Sunday, my first time at this annual event. San Franciscans dressed in all kinds of crazy gear presented an incredible sight at the footrace, which was started way back in 1912 as a way to life the city's spirits after the 1906 earthquake. I was in the company of Elvises and Beer Kegs, mixed with the occasional naked old guys.

I am curious to know if the event can be called the World's Biggest Costume Party. I tried to find evidence either to support or contest the claim, but have so far failed in my efforts. If this claim ever gets validated (or accepted as popular wisdom), I hope I'll be remembered as the first person to ever apply that moniker to this race :)
Save to Del.Icio.us Digg This Submit to Reddit Stumble this

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home