Friday, July 18, 2008

If James Joyce had access to Twitter

I just started checking out Twitter over the last couple of days. It had always seemed like an interesting service to me, but somehow I always resisted it thinking that it took too much effort.

Anyway, so now that I am on it, and have gotten a chance to follow others' tweets, I had this random thought: when will we see the first "twitter novel" (when we do, remember that this idea originated here first!!). The idea is simple: create a fictional character and set him/her/it up with a twitter account which you (the author) controls. Start twittering and convert the tweet stream over a year or two to a Stream of Consciousness novel. You could also befriend other real and fictional folks, created by you or by others to make this more interesting.

Sounds like fun?
Save to Del.Icio.us Digg This Submit to Reddit Stumble this

2 Comments:

Blogger Nisha Pillai said...

Why new characters? Card provided the perfect setup already. Demosthenes and Locke on the interwebs. Want to try it?

2:54 PM  
Blogger Vijay said...

Haha! Btw, check out my post about Demosthenes and Locke on my other blog: "Science Fiction: Predicting the Power of Blogging"

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home